[MLB-WIRELESS] what distro for gateway.

Matt Pearce mattpearce at optusnet.com.au
Sun Aug 25 21:40:08 EST 2002

Personally as a newbie to *nix based os's I would try FreeBSD like Brendan
recommended.  To me is seems like a far more mature system with things
thought out a little better.  And as for firewalls, well there is no
comparisson.  The syntax of the IPFilter is dead easy in comparison to
ipchains or iptables so securing your little box will be relatively easy.
There is also a fairly comprehensive online manual put out by the FreeBSD
people which is there printed manual that retails for about $80-$90.  While
it only covers the basics of getting some things running it was and still is
very useful to me and its free :-)

Hope this helps.

Matt.