[MLB-WIRELESS] what distro for gateway.

KevinL darius at obsidian.com.au
Sun Aug 25 15:51:24 EST 2002

<advocacy>
RedHat is a good pick if you have people around to help you with RedHat
problems.  Just about anything falls into that category.

I'd recommend looking into Debian if you want to keep the server running
for a long period of time (thinking several years) without having to do
a re-install.  Debian's package management tools are more comprehensive
than RedHat's, and will probably make your life easier in the long run -
for instance, their upgrade path from release to release has typically
been simpler and more painless than RedHat's.

But, as always, it's more who you know than what you know - if you can
get aid and assistance with RedHat systems, then by all means go with
them.  The difference between different distro's is not large enough
that you should worry too much - you'll get to know whatever you
install, get familiar with it, and likely be happy ;)
</advocacy>

KevinL