[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: Melbourne Wireless reminder / node cull

Andrew Griffiths nullptr at tasmail.com
Sun Aug 18 20:37:22 EST 2002

Hi Drew,

On Saturday, August 17, 2002 at 11:11:22 AM, Drew wrote:

> Someone from an Italian ISP, or someone with a shell account there
> crawled the site, we've taken steps to prevent this from happening
> again. For those mailing me worried about their passwords, relax, the
> mail went to you, not anyone else.

If it was a bot, then the potential for an attacker to gather passwords (Since it is sent cleartext).

If it was a signle person or mebe a group of people that where targeted, can we be certain that an attacker hasn't compromised any routers along wireless.org.au and your email/pop/imap/* server, or servers holding peoples email en route, etc?

--
www.tasmail.com