[MLB-WIRELESS] Question for WGRouting

Darren Fulton darren.fulton at team.telstra.com
Fri Aug 16 02:52:13 EST 2002

> Here's a Q for WGRouting I have been pondering for a while...
>
> What's wrong or inadequate about the existing solutions such as
> nocatauth or sputnik?  No disrespect intended, I'm sure you've
> answered this question amongst yourselves.

I think a lot of people were turned off sputnik (the company) because it was
a commercial venture creating their network with our private gear. You
supply the network infrastructure and they supply the software and
coordinate the network. Depending on the licence, there may be some parts of
their community gateway software we could use, but I wouldn't want to use
all of it.

NoCatAuth looks great but it's authentication solution, no routing.

Darren