[MLB-WIRELESS] rectangular waveguide theory?

Roger Venning r.venning at telstra.com
Tue Aug 13 09:23:00 EST 2002

See http://www.ee.sc.edu/classes/Spring02/elct561/Lecture%209.doc

TE10 mode will couple effectively into free space. If your can is 6.5"
wide, 4" high and 9.5" long then it will be vertically polarised when
you put a 1/4 free space wave stub within located 1/4 of a guide
wavelength from the shorted (closed) end, equal distance from either
side (this is the location of an anti-node, where the field goes from
maxima to minima).

This is the same to what is used for coupling from Coax to waveguide and
then into horns. It would be moderately directional.

Roger.