[MLB-WIRELESS] 8th August 2002 Committee Meeting minutes

Paul van den Bergen paul at serc.rmit.edu.au
Mon Aug 12 17:39:55 EST 2002

Hi all,

I can understand that having non-Melb wireless members doing TIB's might
be a bad idea. We aren't trying to be Ebay (BTW, if you are interested,
see http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20020725.html my fav.
internet protagtonist!), so that's OK. but on the other hand, why not?
just make them a seperate area, and make them sign a disclaimer...
infact I think this is a good idea anyway... Fenn? implementation issues?

by the same token, we can (should be able to?) offer a similar service
(or at very least the code) to other wireless groups around asutralia
and the world... lets not get shy here...

so there is my opinion. Anything that helps the wireless world get wired
(er... You know what I mean... lets NOT adapt that as a slogan...) is a
Good Thing TM. similar rational to the interstate members thing.

same question about the individual sales on the TIB... the intent of the
TIB has been modified by small sized sales, but is this a bad thing?
personally I think not.

comments welcome. shouting should come direct... I can delete you more
readily then and you don't look like an ass. (OOoohhhhh! thems fightn'
words!)

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
SERC, RMIT University