[MLB-WIRELESS] Regional Group areas...

Paul van den Bergen paul at serc.rmit.edu.au
Mon Aug 12 17:09:09 EST 2002

first, appologies to Tony - damn reply button! (smack self 'round head).

(BTW, though of new name for people living in shadows... see below...
they must all be from Pole-land... *guffor*!!! I kill me!)

I think that Tony is on the right track here... definition by
geographical domain makes more sense than other definitions.  Out my way
I am on the edge of the Dandenong monocline, looking towards the
Dandenongs.   A good definition of this are might be the Dandenong
valley region.

another way (perhaps less useful) is line of sight of significant land
marks. Eg. hands up all who can see Skyhigh?  Police Academy? CBD?
  Sounds like we need to get a good line of sight map worked out.

that being said, perhaps we need to do that for 90% and then include
shadow regions within each of the major catchments.  WHich is kinda cool
name-wise.  hands up all who live in the light? Now all who live in shadow?

Tony Langdon wrote:

 >Some areas are well defined, for example, InnerNW Melb, which is basically
 >from LaTrobe St, covering the low areas, such as Nth Melbourne,
Kensington,
 >Ascot Vale, Maribyrnong, the eastern part of Footscray, at least.
There's a

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
SERC, RMIT University