[MLB-WIRELESS] Access Point Question

Andy Freeman wireless at kawasaki.kz
Sat Aug 10 22:50:24 EST 2002

You shouldn't have any trouble with the Compaq access point.  In fact
this email is coming to you via one!

I have modified one and it is sitting at the top of a 50 foot mast,
running power over Ethernet.  Compaq have some software updates on their
web pages which fix a few bugs and give you more security.

If you want to run an external antenna you will need to open it up and
modify one of the little pigtails that run from the radio to the
antenna.  As far as I know you cannot buy the connectors separately.

If it's the right price I would recommend it.  Mine has been very
reliable in a plastic box in the weather!!!

Andy.