[MLB-WIRELESS] Wireless ISP's - APC

Grant McHerron grant at taoceti.com.au
Wed Aug 7 20:06:59 EST 2002

At 05:17 PM 7/08/02, Matt Pearce wrote:
>Lets all start doing something rathing than fighting so we
>can get to a "crital mass" and start connection to everyone bigtime :-)

Yes, brothers, we must all rally against the common enemy!
"The JUDEAN PEOPLE'S FRONT???!!!!!!!"
No, the Romans!
"Oh, yeah, them...."

>Afterall, this is Melbourne Wireless not Melbourne Bickering.

Damn - I subscribed to the wrong bloody list again - merde!!!! :)

Actually, this is all rather typical of a bunch of geeks/nerds getting
together to talk about their favourite subject. Eventually, you get to a
certain point and that OTHER Slashdot effect kicks in (the one where we all
degenerate into a bunch of fuckwits despite (or because of :) our degrees,
experience, intelligence, etc  - mob dynamics and all that stuff....) Also
used to be called the Usenet Syndrome - especially after AOL.COM hooked
into news feeds :)

 From EvilBunny:
> > access points growing on the tree next to the money trees out back, we
> > planted earlier this year... no growth to report just yet :)

NNNOOOOO!!!! Don't tell them about the Trees!!!!! Damn - now we have to
arrange a purge if they don't all forget about it.  If word gets out that
we stole these from Costello's "Balanced Budget" garden, I shudder to think
what'll happen....

Bad Bunny!!! No treat!!

:)

Cheers,

Grant

Grant McHerron
Tao Ceti Pty Ltd

Level 1, 530 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Ph: +61 3 9909 7067             Fax: +61 3 9228 3257
http://www.taoceti.com.au       grant at taoceti.com.au