[MLB-WIRELESS] FW: [Syd-Wireless] Wireless illegal?

darrend at ndpgroup.com.au darrend at ndpgroup.com.au
Wed Aug 7 13:31:33 EST 2002

Apparently Airnets interperetation of the Telco Act is that community
wireless users would be deemed as a carrier. As we all know this is not
necesarily the case, and that according to the ACA we probably fit into the
'non commercial' category. Airnet has approached us, but at this stage we
are waiting for more clarification from the ACA.
I wouldn't get too excited about it... it's just their opinion.

Darren Dreis
Vice President
Melbourne Wireless Inc.
vicepresident at wireless.org.au
http://www.wireless.org.au

                    "Robert Tchia"
                    <robert.tchia at palantir.c        To:     <melbwireless at wireless.org.au>
                    om.au>                          cc:
                    Sent by:                        Subject:     [MLB-WIRELESS] FW: [Syd-Wireless]
                    owner-melbwireless at wirel        Wireless illegal?
                    ess.org.au

                    07/08/2002 12:27 PM