[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: Critical Systems & ISM

fenn_b at smktech.com.au fenn_b at smktech.com.au
Mon Aug 5 13:53:52 EST 2002

> (ie around 60%-70% link quality), I stuck my panasonic 2.4Ghz
> phone right
> next to the card and took it off hook. It barely added 3dB to
> the noise
> figure and had no impact on the link quality! Also didn't
> seem to matter
> what channel I used either.
> There was also no noticable change in quality on the cordless aswell.

This is an interesting point. I have the complete opposite - A killer
panasonic phone that completely obliterates any signal on the 2.4ghz
band. It claims to be "2.4ghz spread spectrum" device, and I tend to
agree that it certainly does spread across a lot of the spectrum ;)

When running the link-test util on enterasys/lucent cards, all signals
completely disappear whenever this phone is off the hook. I don't just
get more noise - it completely kills absolutely everything. I've never
seen anything quite like it.

Needless to say, I will soon be ditching this phone. I also have a nasty
suspicion that it's actually an imported handset, which may not be a
good thing :\

	Fenn.