[MLB-WIRELESS] Wireless 'cloud' may offer silver lining Or isit just 'pie-in-the-sky' technology?

Radio Tech radio at dodo.com.au
Sat Aug 3 17:54:14 EST 2002

Darren, There is a certain degree of responsibility by all radio users of
the spectrum.....ISM bands or others, to share resources. Tyson says that
its tough luck for commercial services using ISM bands, IF they get wiped out.
So....what are you going to think if poorly engineered 802.11 gear takes out a
hospital Cardiac Unit Monitor System? People are modifying antennas for
more gain to get good range etc......OK that's fun and experimentation etc,
BUT could cause potential interference problems.
Its no good having a "stuff everyone else" attitude to other users of ISM
bands.
Right now, 802.11 users are looking for more operational privledges......
that will require sanction from the ACA, and possibly others.
Yes, have a look at Section 197 of the Radcomm Act 1992, public ISM bands
or not, it CAN be applied. Yes, I will be in Melbourne in October.

Jack
Rockhampton

melbwireless at wireless.org.au