[MLB-WIRELESS] Wireless 'cloud' may offer silver lining Or isit just 'pie-in-the-sky' technology?

Radio Tech radio at dodo.com.au
Fri Aug 2 18:13:18 EST 2002

At 04:47 PM 8/2/02 +1000, dwayne wrote:
>Tony Langdon wrote:
>
>> I think Melbourne City would be an excellent place to start, with the
number
>> of city workers and large park areas, as well as cafe strips.
>>
>> As a minimum, it would be nice to see the Flagstaff Gardens, Carlton
Gardens
>> (Exhibition St - city end) and Bourke St/Swanston St areas covered - the
>> places where people are likely to have a laptop outdoors while enjoying the
>> sun or a coffee. :-)  I can see myself making use of such facilities from
>> time to time...  Hrmm, stuff the office, I'll work from the coffee shop
down
>> the road via VPN. ;-)
>

>Oh, I can just see the headlines"
>
>"High-Rolling Office Workers Displace Students From Cafe
>sartre replaced by power lunches, Disaffected 2nd-years experience
>actual angst.
>
>'it's the best thing since bottom-of-the-harbour!' crowed one accounts
>executive"
>

>Dwayne

It probably would "read" worse than that.....coffee shop crowded with
intinerant 802.11 wireless data scavengers, playing wireless network "Doom"
game, between tables, crashed the next door Stock Exchange wireless LAN,
causing multi million dollar losses, at trading time.
You want publicity??? you would get it! not really the kind you need though
:-)

Jack
Rockhampton.