[MLB-WIRELESS] Using a MR314 to route a dialup connection?

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Tue Apr 30 08:55:47 EST 2002

> If anyone can offer some advice on configuring things to
> route a dialup
> connection using a Netgear MR314, that would be grand!
>
> I naively thought you could have this setup:
>
> Dialup modem
> |
> Win95 Box wunning WinRoute lite
> |
> Netgear MR314
> |
> Client Mac with Airport card
>
> I can access the router from the Mac and have configured the
> beast, but it
> can't get a connection from WinRoute.

Umm, my question is why you need both the router and a Windows box running
Winroute?  Seems to be a redundancy there.  Perhaps an explanation of your
network is needed.

Most of the routers can do NAT (which is what Winroute does), but obviously
you need a router with a modem port to use the modem with it...

And if the Windows box is doing NAT, why use the router?

Just trying to clarify things here.

FWIW, I usually have just the one Linux box to do all that sort of stuff.
:-)

---
Outgoing mail has been scanned for Viruses.