[MLB-WIRELESS] Amplifier question...

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at optushome.com.au
Mon Apr 29 19:30:41 EST 2002

At 05:11 PM 29/04/2002 +1000, Clae wrote:

>The 4 watt limit is *effective* power, ie including the gain you get from
>using an antenna.
>
>When it comes to that, maybe we should get a legal clarification about
>homebrew antennae...

That may be a good point...  There are two schools of thought on this:

1.  Dot the i's and cross the t's...

2.  "It's easier to ask forgiveness than ask permission" - or IOW, if you
ask the authorities to clarify something, they're likely to give you answer
they don't want!

Of course, if the ACA did come out and say "You can't use that antenna",
then it'd be pretty clear cut.

73 de Tony, VK3JED
http://vk3jed.vk.irlp.net