[MLB-WIRELESS] Enterasys card under Mandrake 8.2

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Fri Apr 26 12:22:46 EST 2002

> The file "/etc/pcmcia/config" tells the pcmcia services what
> modules to load
> for each card. It seems to need a bit of hacking with the
> Cabletron cards so
> that orinoco_cs is loaded instead of wvlan_cs.

OK, well, I got orinoco_cs loaded, but the lights still don't look right on
the card (on all the others I've had going, one light is on all the time,
the other flashes rapidly when in "ad-hoc" mode.

> I don't remember if there is already an entry for the
> Cabletron cards or not
> (search for "Cabletron"). If there is, try moving it to the top of the
> "Wireless network adaptors" section, and make sure it ends in
>
>     bind "orinoco_cs"
>
> and not
>
>     bind "wvlan_cs".
>
> If there is no entry, chuck in a new one. My one looks like this:
>
> card "Cabletron RoamAbout 802.11 DS"
>   version "Cabletron", "RoamAbout 802.11 DS"
>   bind "orinoco_cs"
>
> Hope this helps!

All done, and I managed to coax it not to use the wvlan_cs driver.  lsmod
sayd the orinoco_cs module is indeed loaded.  I then setup the card with
iwconfig to it can see my notebook, but no traffic seems to be passing.
netstumbler doesn't pick up the router, and it is unable to lease an IP
address from the DHCP server I setup.

Any other tricks? :)

---
Outgoing mail has been scanned for Viruses.