[MLB-WIRELESS] PROPOSAL - Treasurer and Secretary

Clae clae at tpg.com.au
Fri Apr 26 03:48:06 EST 2002

Hi all,

At last night's meeting of the Structure working group,  it was
proposed that we appoint a temporary treasurer and secretary under
the same terms as the President.  ie that their terms would expire
when a final group constitution is adopted, and elections are called
for all office bearers.

The reasoning behind this was that we are now starting to receive a
small trickle of money from member donations at the meetings, and
that official and quasi official mail and email is starting to come
in.  So we thought it would be important to have a. one constant
contact person for correspondance and b. a bank account rather than
having cash sloshing around in someone's care.

To start a bank account, we need to appoint a treasurer.  The bank
account can only be accessed with two signatures, which would be the
treasurer and one other office bearer.  It is the treasurer's
responsibility to keep a record of all moneys going in and out, and
to make that record available to members.

The job of secretary is to receive incoming correspondance, and to
direct it to the appropriate people;  to maintain a constant mail
address, usually a post office box, to take minutes of meetings, and
to open and close meetings.  (There are porbably other duties - I'll
have to check the Corp Affairs website on this)

Note we have _not_ appointed these people.  We are inviting comment
from the membership over the next couple of days, idea being that we
can open a bank account in the name of melbwireless on Monday.

Tyson Clugg has been handling the donations so far, so we have
suggested him as the acting treasurer.  Clae David Gason and Glen
Brunning were both nominated as acting secretary,  and on a show of
hands it went to Clae.

If this looks okay to everyone, we will declare these people
appointed on Sunday, and get the bank account set up Monday.  If
anyone has any comments or queries, please forward them to
WGStructure at wireless.org.au by this Saturday evening.  We realise
this is a short consultation, but we can always ratify this decision
at the next monthly meeting.

Cheers,

Clae.

--