[MLB-WIRELESS] RE: SMH wireless article

Jason Hecker jason at air.net.au
Tue Apr 23 10:45:37 EST 2002

It's fair enough.  With all the hoohar about mobile phones, TV and radio
towers, powerlines and health effects, I would expect the plebs to be
worried about wireless capers and rightly so.  But, they need to be
educated about GSM/CDMA vs weak powered 802.11b.  I am sure some people
will take convincing that 802.11b is safe even though it operates at the
same frequencies as your microwave oven which _cooks food_.  Simply fobbing
people off with "just don't worry about it, we know what we are doing" is
patronising.  No wonder the hoi polloi regard scientists and engineers with
suspicion.