[MLB-WIRELESS] "Sense of community"

Craig Mead craig.mead at pagesmith.com.au
Mon Apr 22 15:00:04 EST 2002

I went to join the IRC channel on Austnet today as I will be in Melbourne on
Saturday and was going to see if there was any meetings that I might be able
to attend as in reply to some of the points I have raised, I have been
informed I should try and come to some of the meetings to openly discuss
certain issues. I have been discussing openly with IRC'ers in the channel
the movements of SWAG/SydneyWireless/AWA, I agree, however when I did go to
join, I found out I was banned.....for "spamming".

While I understand that some of the Melb-Wireless people may have a
difference of opinion in what is the best path to travel, this is merely a
childish attempt to try and block the opinions of AWA from your "members".
While we at AWA have started to travel down what we believe is the best path
for us to follow, we are still open to suggestions and discussions with
other people about their thoughts/concerns/etc about the network.

While Melb-Wireless is meant to be having this image of a "decentralised"
network not run, or control by a select few, how do you know? Blatant
attempts to quieten persons like this are proof.

Regards, Craig Mead
Vice President & Project Manager
Australian Wireless Association