Mailing list reply behaviour - was [MLB-WIRELESS] Bulk purchase handling

Roger Venning r.venning at telstra.com
Mon Apr 22 12:52:48 EST 2002

web site admin people: can we see a poll on the front page of
wireless.org.au about the list behaviour, and thus see this thread quashed?

The problem is that many people send useless noise to the mailing list.
After the list administrator made the change, the signal to noise ratio
did improve. Please remember that there are hundreds of individuals
subscribed to this list. Even with a 'd' key taking a second to hit, you
still waste minutes of time per post.

This list doesn't usefully assist people if they unsubscribe because the
decide that just blindly selecting all mail in their filtered  melbourne
wireless box and deleting it in order to manage the volume isn't really
satisfactory.

Roger.