[MLB-WIRELESS] so with the soft ap

Peter Long peterlong at rocketmail.com
Sun Apr 21 19:52:47 EST 2002

Gave it a go last night. It works!
With the "$50 card".

Netstumbler reports the Laptop as a AP, and transfer
speed seem to be OK.

Only thing that isn't possible is to set the channel.
Mine defaulted to 10 but thats ok.  Now I can test my
link using the Laptop as an AP and getting stats from
either the Enterasys utilities or Netstumbler.  Will
test it on Dlink 650 but this is a Prism2 card whereas
Roamabout/Enterasys is hermes.

See ya...

Peter Long

http://forums.netstumbler.com/showthread.php?threadid=575&highlight=ELSA+AIR