[MLB-WIRELESS] Netticette and spam - was SalesScriptBook - Au stralia's Best Sales Tool

Paul van den Bergen paul at serc.rmit.edu.au
Fri Apr 19 11:45:52 EST 2002

On 04/19/02 11:39 AM, Tony Langdon wrote:

>>so the only defense is to carefully check the origin and request the
>>sysadmin of the offending account do something about it (although this
>>is pretty useless because odds on the account source will be bogus.)
>>
>>ignore it and it won't get worse.
>>

>You may want to sign up to Spamcop (http://spamcop.net).  Once signed up (a
>basic reporting account is free), you can feed the spam in and have spamcop
>report the abuse, or if you prefer, use the information from its analysis to
>report the spam yourself.

yes I saw this too.  However, I was under the impression that it was a
service provider solution....

anyway, as of this moment, we are not too heavily inundated with spam at
work (in many ways this is an RMIT wide problem too)
on the home front, it is frustrating (at least from a frustration of
service point of view) but at this point I am able to put up with it...

When private email lists get onto spam lists, then something has to be
done about it because the problem quickly escalates, particularly when
one member of the list confirms that the email address is valid and the
address gets passed around into multiple lists.

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
SERC
paul at serc.rmit.edu.au