[MLB-WIRELESS] Passive repeater works ... sorta

sanbar sandbar at ozemail.com.au
Thu Apr 18 15:16:52 EST 2002

Hey all,
Built and tried a passive repeater today, basically just two milk tins
connected with a 2m length of LMR-400. One tin had about a 12dB gain over
the orinoco card alone, while the other had a 11dB gain.
The end result using the repeater was a 6dB gain using a Pringles can to
the access point. The signal was bent through a right angle, pringles
can-->milk tin-->LMR-400-->milk tin-->access point.
A passive repeater appears to work, albeit you lose about half the signal
in the process. Cost was $10 for flat-panel n-connectors, $20 for male
n-connectors, $10 for LMR (is that okay, Julian?), nothing for the cans,
total cost of about $40.
I'll put pics and stuff on the website when I get time.
- Barry

--
barry park
http://members.optushome.com.au/barrypark/