[MLB-WIRELESS] Access Points (BSS) vs Ad-Hoc (IBSS)

Drew drew at wireless.org.au
Wed Apr 17 07:21:49 EST 2002

As I see it, IBSS for the node to node links, with optional BSS for the
extremely short range client access (ie. laptops w/ no external antenna,
in the default BSS mode) but you could also use IBSS for this. (more
info @ http://seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/PointToPoint )

as for USB devices, ftp://ftp.linux-wlan.org/pub/linux-wlan-ng/ supports
them under linux, and they should work fine via windows. imho, these
would be a great way to get IBSS on the rooftop.