[MLB-WIRELESS] bulk purchase of access points?

Jeremy Lunn jeremy at austux.net
Tue Apr 16 18:49:39 EST 2002

I'm just wondering if anyone plans to do any bulk purchases of access
points?  If no one wants to bother with this yet I'd be happy to do
something but I have no dealership deals with any
suppliers/manufacturers, however I'll see how my contacts are as far as
this goes, but I'm sure someone else could probably get better prices
than me.

The reason why I bring this up is that I think it would be easier in
most cases to run cat 5 from a router to an antenna then it would be to
run coax.  And that is how I plan to run my node.

Personally I don't care if I have to make a weather proof case and
modify it to get PoE (Power over Ethernet).  But what does matter is
that the AP will work for a point-to-point wireless link.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a low cost access point that
can do this (perhaps considering both indoor/outdoor types as well as
cheaper and more expensive ones if they are better quality).

Thanks,

--
Jeremy Lunn
Melbourne, Australia