[MLB-WIRELESS] Antenna design idea, probably not new.

Roger Venning r.venning at telstra.com
Fri Apr 12 09:53:51 EST 2002

Matt, Mike,

the fiberglass in normal PCB has large dielectric losses. To make
microstrip antenna you need microstrip board, which is like double
sided PCB except that the dielectric doesn't eat all your signal as it
propagates along the lines. For more information see
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=microstrip+antenna+fiberglass+%
22dielectric+losses%22, particularly the first page (you'll need to
view cached because even though it is excellent quality it is no longer
online).

Roger.