[MLB-WIRELESS] Structure vote at the April 12th meeting.

dwayne dwayne at pobox.com
Fri Apr 12 05:47:27 EST 2002

Dean Collins wrote:

> :) this post comes at a rather interesting time considering the 'barrage'
> that was dished out to the Sydney group last week.

You can say that, yes.

> The way around this is that you need to form an Association, this
> association then has an elected board of which the treasurer and president
> have co-signing fiduciary powers.
>
> This is the only way to go and I'm sure can be agreed upon pretty quickly at
> the next meeting.

Well, look, I've been reading over this stuff so far and just biting my
tongue, but, really, the Model Rules for a non-profit incorporated association
are available from a govt publisher, and it costs $70 last time I checked to
set up such an association, and off we go.

The rules have already been worked out and have been this way for a long time.
It's legal, recognised and recommended by the government, and no hassle.

I'd much rather we do that and THEN modify the rules in keeping with how we
want to go than sign up to vaguely-worded documents which have not been
scrutinised and discussed effectively.

The "policy document" as it stands is pretty good, but it's too fuzzy to be
much use legally and will need quite some time to nail down to a suitable
form. It would make a good basis for the articles of association.

As it stands now, I feel a bit rushed, and will be voting "no" on principle
more than anything else, really.

Dwayne