[MLB-WIRELESS] Antenna design idea, probably not new.

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Thu Apr 11 10:59:08 EST 2002

> Here's a question for the antenna tech people in the group.
> Would it be worthwhile building an antenna based on a printed circuit
> board? I'm thinking a small yagi. I've seen components in
> other antenna
> made from PCB but what about the whole thing. Instead of
> instructions on
> how to build all you'd need to do is trace out the antenna,
> etch the PCB
> and solder on the cable? Would make an excellent portable antenna, or
> lightweight pole mount.
> Or is there something I am missing here?

This can be done, and is mechanically very simple.  I wouldn't try this for
an outdoor antenna (unless _very_ well sealed from the elements), as the PCB
is likely to corrode, but it could be an alternative for portable setups.

---
Outgoing mail has been scanned for viruses

This correspondence is for the named person’s use only. It may contain