[MLB-WIRELESS] IP Addressing

James Healy jimmy at deefa.com
Tue Apr 9 13:51:23 EST 2002

>My understanding is that clients would be allocated an address from the
>10.10.x.x range that has been allocated to the Access Point you connect to.
>The routing nodes (ie backbone) would be using 172.16.x.x addresses.

So this would mean that on the wiki page, anyone with a node that will form
the backbone (ie. most nodes in the db, apart from the few
dog/car/wife/kitchen sink nodes :-P ) will choose 1 IP address for it from
172.16.x.x, as well as a bunch of addresses from 10.whatever that it is
allowed to hand out to any node that requests it.

Or am i totally misguided??

James