[MLB-WIRELESS] IP address allocations

Matthew.C.Boyd at uts.edu.au Matthew.C.Boyd at uts.edu.au
Mon Apr 8 12:52:26 EST 2002

At 11:23 AM 8/04/02 +1000, you wrote:
>Just looked through the IP address allocation page and noticed a lot of
>192.168.x.x entries.  Anyone attempting to connect to me would be well

Which page are you looking at, was only one (me, for about 1 more week till
I get home and change it, but nobodies connected permanently yet anyway so
its just for testing) last time I looked on the wiki thing?

>I am looking to get a dedicated melbwireless range (hopefully 10.x.x.x
>somewhere) for wireless people to connect to and be on the right side of my
>firewall, once we have some sort of IP addressing policy.  However, I'm
>temporarily using a 192.168/25 subnet (reserved for local use in my internal
>allocation scheme :)) for wireless until the details are sorted out...

General plan where I am was to use 172. addresses for the wireless routing
nodes. Clients / leaf nodes would be using 10. addresses, blocks could be
allocated and used for wired/wireless bits of peoples networks as they saw fit.

Matt