[MLB-WIRELESS] Mitel Linux

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Mon Apr 8 08:59:25 EST 2002

> Drew says "sputnik is evil"

But any Yank would, since Sputnik was launched by the (then) communist USSR.
:-P

(sorry, couldn't resist the opportunity! ;) ).

> from what I gather sputnik uses nocatauth, or something like
> it to set up a
> gateway whereby people who subscribe to sputnik (ie pay them money)
> can access your internet bandwidth. One of the requirements
> listed for a
> sputnik install was high bandwidth internet access or
> something like that.
> Precisely whats in it for the person who runs the sputnik machine
> escapes me.
>
> Nocatauth is probably worth a look if your interested in that
> side of things.

I had a brief look at nocatauth at one stage.  Might be useful for
controlling who hops on a closed or semi closed network.  Of course, if you
want open slather, that's a different kettle of fish...

---
Outgoing mail has been scanned for viruses

This correspondence is for the named person’s use only. It may contain