[MLB-WIRELESS] repost from e3.com.au regarding ACA

vak vak at alphalink.com.au
Thu Apr 4 15:37:07 EST 2002

e3 - blogging the wireless freenet ... http://www.e3.com.au

 ACA to approve Non-Commercial 3rd Party Data Transfer

 posted by John Braha on Monday April 01 2002 @ 12:21AM WST

  I have seen a press release that will be issued on Tuesday that states that
the ACA will be approving the non-commercial transfer of third party data.

This means that networks such as this one will be allowed to transfer Internet
data so long as there is no charge.

You'll be pleased to hear that removal of the necessary "carrier status" and
the requisite licencing fees will be marketed by the Government rather heavily
as proof of their "Knowledge Nation" Policies.

Are we finally becoming the Smart Cookies and leaving our Global Village Idiot
reputation behind?

Reposted on Monday April 01 2002 @ 12:21AM WST