[MLB-WIRELESS] Convert Orinoco Silver to Gold

Tristan Gulyas zardoz at ausgamers.com
Wed Apr 3 23:13:58 EST 2002

A few things on this topic.

Firstly, Apple have released an update for their AirPort cards upgrading
their 40bit encryption to 128bit.  This suggests that the same *should* be
possible with the Orinoco cards.  Don't blame me if you break one by trying,
though ;p

Secondly, I've done some tests with no WEP, 64bit WEP and 128bit WEP.  I got
around 600kb/sec all three times.  Cards were Orinoco Golds, 8.10 firmware
running in iBSS (peer to peer) mode between FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE and Windows
Me.
---
Tristan Gulyas
zardoz at ausgamers.com
http://zardoz.hotblack.net/
"We are the music makers..and we are the dreamers of the dream"
 --Willy Wonka