[MLB-WIRELESS] another stupid q, about dhcp

Adrian Close adrian at close.wattle.id.au
Wed Apr 3 23:03:04 EST 2002

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, rick wrote:

> use IPv6 (is that how its written?)

An admirable sentiment, in my view, although that _will_ get you flamed
around these parts.

Once more, for the record, I think we should run both IPv4 and IPv6.  IPv4
for the core and base network that everyone can use and IPv6 as well for
the more adventurous among us.

> most people trying to get on our network will only use ipv4 so wal-la

No.  This is security through obscurity at best.  Besides, many operating
systems support IPv6 already and it's easy to work out you're dealing with
an IPv6 network with a packet sniffer.

(BTW, there are bad guys on the 6Bone already.)

> is there a webpage i can read up about ipv6 and is there winxp support for
> it?

Try www.6bone.net for starters.

Otherwise, use the Google, Luke.  The best way to learn is to try.  And of
course there is no try, only do.  :)

</Yoda>

Adrian.