[MLB-WIRELESS] Fw: [Oz-ISP] oz.org under attack?

vortex vortex at free2air.net
Wed Apr 3 10:05:00 EST 2002

i appreciate your posting of this, but i'm not sure i agree with you that
ddos style threats are as high a risk to a highly distributedly owned network
than to the big i internet itself.

in fact, if anything our modelling of network growth is likely to reduce the
risk of distributed style 'threats'. in the model of central servers
providing a service univerally available, ddos can be a nasty adversary. in a
distributed network, there may be some hope that ddos style threats may be
more limited by its nature. this of course depends upon how we all offer
services over this infrastructure, both to our own wireless infrastructures,
other wireless infrastructures tunnelled and joined together, as well as the
internet at large.

just some optimistic food for thought ...

.vortex