[MLB-WIRELESS] Wireless Cards

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Tue Apr 2 13:23:50 EST 2002

Shoulda got in quick. :-)

BTW, I'm using the drivers for both Win 95 and Linux, and they work fine.
Had to compile a fresh set of drivers for Linux, as I'm using a non standard
kernel, but that was simple.

Also, in Red Hat 6.2, the system will autodetect the card as a WaveLAN card
and try to install the wvlan_cs module.  You have to manually comment this
out of the PCMCIA configs.  The correct module is roamabout_cs.

I also played with the options file which associates the card identifier
with a module, as that had the wrong module listed for the Entrasys card.

After the manual tweaking, all works fine.

Also, you need to manually inspect your config files after _everytime_ you
run the Entrasys config utility, as it tends to uncomment the wvlan_cs line.
:(

Tony Langdon
Systems Development and Support
ATC Training Australasia.  Level 1 310 King St Melbourne 3000.