[MLB-WIRELESS] milestone

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Mon Sep 24 13:59:06 EST 2001

> Just hit 100 users on the mailing list, and 129 nodes. woot.
>
> For those who aren't operational, what is the main obstacle?
> Cost? Time?
> Line of sight? Not knowing where to get parts? Not knowing
> what to do? Lost
> interest? other?

Let's see. :)

1.  Cost - the prices still haven't come down to "backyard" levels.
2.  Line of sight.  My only real hope is for someone in the West
Essendon/East Keilor/Maribyrnong area to fire up a node.
3.  Time (up to my ears in IRLP and other radio stuff :) ).

Still watching with interest, would like to play with the technology when I
get an opportunity.