[MLB-WIRELESS] Newbie Information request

Matt mcboyd at progsoc.uts.edu.au
Mon Sep 10 15:27:56 EST 2001

Hi Mailing list,
I'm interested in setting up a node. I know enough to cause trouble but
probably not enough to do this easily. I'm in Collingwood and I'd really
appreciate it if there was someone out there who would be prepared to show
me how they've set up their equipment and possibly link to. I've also got a
bunch of questions to ask. Preferably nearby. I wouldn't mind a look at one
of the homemade antennas and a suggestion as to what type of hardware would
be best suited to my location.

Also, what sort of connections outside of the wireless network to the
internet exist? I can see that the wireless network is allocating names and
IP numbers, what are the plans and hows it all tie in.

Anyway, any suggestions people have to offer are appreciated

Matt