[MLB-WIRELESS] What I want for x-mas.... (part 1 :)

Drew drish at bigpond.net.au
Mon Sep 3 02:33:05 EST 2001

<cynical mode="on">
There's been tons of hype about UWB all of a sudden, even though the idea
has been around for several years. I seriously doubt it will ever get
approval, since it interferes with "Global Positioning System (GPS), public
safety nets, air traffic, marine navigation and communications, AM and FM
radio, and television broadcasts, to name just a few." And if it does get
approval the power output would be so low you couldn't reach the window.
There are so many contradictions in that article, its pretty funny, check
the one about how it doesnt use any spectrum, and then the part about under
2ghz. Also the part about how security is good because its hard to tell the
diff between UWB and noise... if its so hard, how do you receive the signal?
</cynical>

1000mb/s, mmm nice :)

-d