Addressing, was Re: [MLB-WIRELESS] more important issues

Adrian Close adrian at close.wattle.id.au
Tue Oct 30 09:34:42 EST 2001

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Tony Langdon wrote:

> Umm, why?  The network, I was led to believe, won't be accessible from the
> Internet (because of the carrier licencing issues, etc), so why use publicly
> routeable IPs?

Planning for the future - because the network almost certainly will be
accessible from the Internet (nay, it will be part of the Internet) sooner
or later.

The legal issues will get sorted out, sooner or later.

Adrian Close			email:	adrian at close.wattle.id.au
1 Old Gippsland Rd.		web:	http://www.close.wattle.id.au/~adrian
Lilydale, VIC, 3140, Australia	mobile:	+61 412 385 201

Echelon teaser: MD5 RX-7 SSL Kiwi TRD DEADBEEF Bubba