[MLB-WIRELESS] Q for radio geeks

Matthew Vella mvella at flexsoft.com.au
Wed Oct 31 13:19:03 EST 2001

> is there any value in using dumb repeaters ie they just pick up and
> re-broadcast the RF, like the CB repeaters they use in the outback.

Yep, that's just a matter of sticking an AP in a high place with power & an
antenna - doesn't need to be connected to anything else and can function as
a hub for anyone who can see and talk to it.

This is probably the most likely way you could exploit things like towers,
high buildings, etc.  All you're asking from the owner is a little bit of
power and access to the high location.  If power was a problem, you could
even try solar, but I think that's digressing :-)