[MLB-WIRELESS] pigtails

Nick Sibbing nick at artful.com.au
Wed Oct 31 12:40:01 EST 2001

Shane Chubb wrote:

> Hi all
> This is my first post here so these questions are probably old ones.
 we are using are Proxim RangeLAN2's which only have a small
> antenna on them.  There is however a MMCX connector underneath which can
> have a pigtail connected to it.

Great questions I'm interested to know how you rate the proxim
cards and what price they were. 100mw cards with an external
antenna connection seem to be the go

> I am also hoping for a few suggestions to antenna selection.  We have an old
> Austar Sat dish and were going to play with that but from what I read a
> parabolic grid may be a better solution.  What's the consensus there?

I found a us commercial site with some info on various antenna
types and a brief mention of amplifiers. Sorry i can't really
help much I'd like to know more about the pros and cons of
various antennas myself. EG what's the advantages and
disadvantages of using yagi versus helical. Which seem to be the
two easiest DIY antenna designs

http://www.netnimble.com/index.html

Kind Regards
Nick Sibbing