[MLB-WIRELESS] more important issues <aka: guerilla radio is by ninjas, for ninjas. Worked for global IP's development!>

Adrian Close adrian at close.wattle.id.au
Mon Oct 29 15:43:54 EST 2001

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Steven Haigh wrote:

> damn stright... I'm working on getting wireless.org.au - but they keep
> rejecting my applications... may have to talk to someone to find out what
> I'm doing wrong :(

I can help with that - I have contacts, although it might be harder now
that .au and others have been removed from the control of Mr. Elz.
Various people are currently working hard to screw up .au DNS.  Sigh.

What you're probably doing wrong is not having an actual incorporated
organisation for them to look up.  This is going to become more of an
issue as we go further with this stuff.  We are going to need some kind of
registered organisation at some point...  I think we are also going to
need to get a carrier licence, unless the ACA decides to be extremely nice
to us.

BTW, I hope you understand that none of my posts are meant to be
antagonistic or offensive.  I try hard to leave the baggage at the door
and concentrate on the best way to solve problems, based on my experience.
My experience is in IP networking.  I'm not going to tell you which Yagi
is best to use, because I'm relatively clueless when if comes to RF.  :)

Best regards,

Adrian Close			email:	adrian at close.wattle.id.au
1 Old Gippsland Rd.		web:	http://www.close.wattle.id.au/~adrian
Lilydale, VIC, 3140, Australia	mobile:	+61 412 385 201

Echelon teaser: MD5 RX-7 SSL Kiwi TRD DEADBEEF Bubba