[MLB-WIRELESS] more important issues <aka: guerilla radio is by ninjas, for ninjas. Worked for global IP's development!>

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Mon Oct 29 09:44:00 EST 2001

> should not be getting granular security and b/w mgmnt in the road, but
> simply perform the equivalent of Win9x FP sharing: Share perms: read
> only, full axs and none. Build a boundary before walling between
> flats, and keep it that way until the flats get a few bad neighbours.
> Then worry about it.

Well, I think security is best left to the individual at this stage.  Trust
only those that you trust, etc.  I will be running a higher levol of
security that "share level", because I want to differentiate between
"publicly accessible" and "private" data.  And there will be firewalls,
though (hopefully) not to keep the wireless ppl off my machines, just to
make sure they stay on the WLAN and don't go elsewhere, out of idle
curiosity or accident. :)  There are other attached networks at my end, and
I want to keep people where they should be (similarly, the protection works
both ways - it stops the WLAN being swamped by traffic that shouldn't be
there).

As for bandwidth management, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. :)