[MLB-WIRELESS] more important issues <aka: guerilla radio is byninjas, for ninjas. Worked for global IP's development!>

Victor Rajewski vik at yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au
Sun Oct 28 17:35:22 EST 2001

> I'm in the same area as Adrian (judging by the Monty Python
> reference possibly the same agegroup) <grin> and I know our
> local council has funding for community IT projects. If we had a
> organisational structure in place we'd have a good chance of
> funding.

I am involved in a number of community groups/projects receiving
govt/council funding, none of which u'd call a `hard' organisational
struture. Most ppl invovled are of an anarchist frame of mind, and there
is no-one who u'd call the `leader' - obviously certain ppl (or small
groups) have certain roles, depending on skill/experience, etc.

In my eXPerience of these groups, there is not so much of an
organisational structure as a decision making process/protocol. This can
be just as powerful.

chow

vik

vik at progsoc.org
<http://www.progsoc.org/~vik>
PGP: <http://www.progsoc.org/~vik/pgp.txt>

The best rebuttal to this kind of statistical argument came from the
redoubtable John W. Campbell:

        The laws of population growth tell us that approximately half the
        people who were ever born in the history of the world are now
        dead.  There is therefore a 0.5 probability that this message is
        being read by a corpse.