[MLB-WIRELESS] bandwidth issues for the future/internet acces s

Barry Park bpark at theage.fairfax.com.au
Fri Oct 26 09:21:05 EST 2001

Hey Michael,
That's why I'm trying to set up an OpenBSD gateway. :)
All the same, it would be prudent to work out who "owns" the data flowing
into your PC before allowing open access to a data stream directly from an
ISP. I know for certain that sharing your bandwidth on a BigPond or
Optus at Home broadband connection will get you disconnected with extreme
prejudice. That aside, I don't want to be subsidising other people's free
Internet connections, and I don't believe sharing paid-for and existing
bandwidth is what this network is being set up to do, but I do believe it is
there to create alternative bandwidth. I think this is an issue that needs
to be cleared up, so please someone correct me if I am wrong.
- Barry