[MLB-WIRELESS] Legal Assistance & group membership.

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Wed Oct 24 10:59:16 EST 2001

There is one difference:  The APANA network uses Telstra (or other carrier)
lines, and the carriers have carrier licences.  I'm not aware of any APANA
wireless networks (but I could be wrong :) ).

As for non profit bodies, look up incorporation.  Actually, it's not a
difficult process, and is relatively inexpensive to be listed as an
incorporated association at Corporate Affairs.  It does need formal
structure, and to be voted on at a formal meeting, once details such as the
Statement of Purpose and the constitution are worked out (and legal opinion
for the latter is a good idea, though there are model rules the group could
adopt).

Anyway, I'm not a lawyer, and don't play one on the net, so check things out
properly.  Just that I have been involved in the incorporation of a couple
of NPOs over the years.

Tony Langdon
Systems Development and Support
ATC Training Australasia.  Level 1 310 King St Melbourne 3000.