[MLB-WIRELESS] Legal Assistance & group membership.

Steven Haigh steveh at fisherstewart.com.au
Wed Oct 24 09:10:53 EST 2001

Does anyone on the list know of a good lawyer or solicitor that would be
willing to help us on some legal areas regarding Melbourne: Digital and
Wireless? Preferably that are familiar with the ACA rules & regs, and also
on non-profit organisations...

Hopefully they could donate their time (am I dreaming here? :) or do things
for us really cheaply...

The other point I want to raise is the area of group membership. It looks
like I'll need more than just an email address to be able to legally class
people as members of the group... I was thinking about putting up a
PHP/MySQL database to let people add/edit thier own data which will only be
accessable (to read the data) by myself (and possibly a few trusted
members). I don't wish to make this data public due to obvious privacy
issues. I'd be looking at needing a full name, address, email address, and a
contact phone number at the bare minimum. Then if I need this information
for legal reasons to protect the group or a particular member, or even
contact a member, then I have the information to do so.

Anyone have any comments or suggestions on the above?

--
Steven Haigh
President