[MLB-WIRELESS] TV-Aerial Interference

Joe.Parry at nt.gov.au Joe.Parry at nt.gov.au
Wed Oct 24 16:07:47 EST 2001

Hi all,

Im hoping to set up a mini network up here in Darwin and will be putting an
(Omni directional? / No amplifier) aerial of some sort on the top of my block of
units. Unfortunately the best / easiest to get to location for the aerial is
right next to the (shared) TV antenna for the units.  As the trickiest part for
me will be putting a piece of metal on a 3rd floor roof, Id like to get it right
first time.

Will the wireless LAN affect TV reception? How close/far apart should the two
aerials be to ensure I can still get my Monday night dose of  SBS? Where can I
find the FAQS.

Cheers

Joe

PS: If there is any other Darwinians interested in being part of this (at the
moment 2 person) project, send me an email [joe.parry at nt.gov.au]