[MLB-WIRELESS] Wireless Cards

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Wed Oct 24 08:13:10 EST 2001

> Actually, I quit this course at RMIT in 3rd year years ago...
> found it too
> boring (although, now I'd probably finish it no problems, as
> it's much more
> applicable to me).  I'd have to do a lot of brush up, though.

Well, comms engineering is probably a bit over the top, unless you want to
pursue a career in that field (I have done comms engineering myself, know
the course).  Amatur radio is a good "hands on" way to learn.  The theory
required for the licence is a good start, but the best part is the hands on
experience gained. :)

When wireless gear comes down a little in price,  will be doing a lot of
playing with it, as I have interests in the technology commercially, as an
amateur, and just as an ordinary citizen, like most of the people here.